MyBrooklyn COM Inc.
Last Updated: March 2, 2018
MyBrooklyn COM Inc.provides information, news, classifieds, events, jobs and advertising regarding Brooklyn, New York (“Service” or “Company Service”) via the Company website(s) offered from time to time at www.mybrooklyn.com (collectively, the “Site,” or “Sites”). The Company Service is owned and operated by MyBrooklyn COM Inc. (“Company”, “we” or “us”).
2. Types and Uses of Collected Information. Company collects two types of information about you:
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities via the Company Service, including but not limited to creating an account, sending feedback, or otherwise participating in the Company Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your name, address (including zip code), email address, credit card information, telephone number and/or any other information you provide to us, to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. When you enroll in the Company Service, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information,
3. Public Content. The information that you contribute through the Company Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Company Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
4. Communications. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages and/or phone calls from other users of the Company Service, businesses, and Company itself. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to your
6. Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers and the public. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the Company Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf and is owned and used by us.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the Company Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the Company Service, and visits to other websites or locations to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
7. Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the Company Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the “Member Profile Page” section of the Company Service. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your Company Service experience.
8. Choices on Collection/Use of Information. You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information is required to engage and participate in the Company Service. Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you
include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Company Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Company Service.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Company Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Company may access and disclose such messages during investigations relating to use of the Company Service.
9. Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the Company Service with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the Company Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
10. Data Tracking
10.2 Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Company Service, or we may allow our Third-Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the Company Service or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags
allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Company Service, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
12. Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the Company Service.
14. Public Areas. We may provide areas on the Company Service where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
15. Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Company Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
16. Children. The Company Service are not directed to people under the age of thirteen (13). If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please
contact us at the email address listed below. If we become aware that a child under thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
MyBrooklyn COM Inc.
1656 86th street
Brooklyn, NY, 11214